Sunday, November 25, 2012

Just Try Not To Look Weird

wide shot
Do I not have any puffier clothing in which to be photographed?
We are back home in Atlanta tonight, somewhat grudgingly. It was such a good relaxed time up in the mountains, I kind of didn't want to leave. I mean, it's basically ideal--I'm almost embarrassed--because whenever we're up there with a grandparent, we're minimally responsible for the custodial care of our children. Grandparents are up early, they're making breakfast, they're dispensing pearls of wisdom. Everyone is happy and I can keep to my preferred sleep hours, 2-10am.

6:15 is gonna come early tomorrow morning.

This morning before we all went our separate ways, I herded the family outside for Andy to take our picture. I need something to put on Christmas cards. When we had first awakened this morning, I said to Matt, "I need to get a picture for Christmas cards," and he goes, "We don't have a picture?" And I'm like, no. And he's all, I don't believe you? And I'm like, it's complicated but just put on pants. I mean, Reader, is there anything less rewarding than explaining to a man why you need a certain picture of the family at a certain time in a certain way? But we got some good shots, and then tonight I was messing with different xmas card layouts, and I showed one to Matt, and he goes, "Well I look like a sad troll, but sure." So I picked a different picture even though I looked fractionally hotter in the sad troll one. Compromise!

kids photobombing

Lots going on this week. A couple get-togethers with friends, for which I need to bring food, and a tennis match, for which I need to bring food. And several things I'm forgetting right now. And tomorrow Hank has to bring a Christmas stocking and "24 like items" to school. I think the teacher is giving them little goodies every day in December? I have a bunch of Smencils to send, which used to be cool. In 2011 they were the new silly bandz. Don't know if they still are.

Good luck with your reentry. Right now I must to bed. Sad trombone!

8 comments:

Star said...

Do kids still do "show and tell"?

Jess said...

We had family pictures in front of our tree yesterday. Husband was coerced to put on a collared shirt, but never changed out of the hobo warm up pants he adores

Jess said...

We had family pictures in front of our tree yesterday. Husband was coerced to put on a collared shirt, but never changed out of the hobo warm up pants he adores

delaine said...

My goodness, those trees look bare! But y'all look great! I'm glad all of you had a good holiday.

Common Household Mom said...

I have no idea what a Smencil is.

Becky said...

A smencil is a scented pencil made from recycled newspaper rolled up very tightly. More fun than they sound, maybe.

Holly said...

I tried to photograph my 8-year-old for a holiday card this weekend but he screamed about the (beyond weak, late November) sun being in his eyes until I stomped inside and promptly dropped my camera, damaging the lens. The same lens I spent $125 to repair a year ago. Sigh.

Anonymous said...

I yelled And hollered and gussied people up for a real photography session 2 weeks ago. Painful.