Saturday, November 22, 2008

Slacker Fudge

You know how I'm endlessly in the kitchen, trying out new and ever-more complicated recipes and then blogging about it? By which I mean, I never, ever do that? Yeah. But, BUT, this was so fun and easy and tasty, I had to share. It's not even a recipe, hardly, it's more like a trick. It comes from Julie:

Slacker Fudge (that's my name for it--everyone can make up her own)

  • one 18 oz. jar of peanut butter (due to the shrinking grocery phenomenon, an 18 oz. jar may be hard to find, but the 16.3 oz. jar works fine too.
  • one tub of vanilla or chocolate frosting.

Peel the foil off the frosting and heat it in the microwave for twenty seconds. Have your kids combine the frosting and the peanut butter in a big bowl. They will love doing this. Then they can stir it up. Heat this mixture for 2 minutes in the microwave, then stir it some more and spread it in a 9x9 dish. Let it harden. It will get firm enough to slice into little squares like fudge.

It was really tasty! (And what is totally adorable is that Hank didn't understand the name of it, and kept asking for a "piece 'a pudge." Pudge is right.) Laura and her sleepover friend had fun making it. And then this morning, when her friend's mom came to pick her up, she tasted it and said, "Wow, we never make fudge." And instead of saying, "It was a lot of work, but I want to be the very best," I was all like, "Ohmigod lemme tell you how easy this is!"

So, a totally credible candy. I am definitely going to do this again. I could see packaging it up in pretty cellophane and giving it out to the neighbors for Christmas. Enjoy it, slackers!

8 comments:

The Stiletto Mom said...

First!! And I'll be back...mid wine right now. :)

Lawyer Mom said...

Hi. Am with Stiletto Mom w/wine. She's showing me how to comment. After we finish drinking and playing with the computer...we'll be back.

Anonymous said...

I do love slacker fudge, but I also love frosting out of the can. So I might just skip that whole heating thing and just grab a spoon. Oh, and I love your blog. I listed you as a recipient for a blogger award that I recently received and am passing on. Check it out here: http://crazylovescompany.wordpress.com/2008/11/22/my-first/

The Stiletto Mom said...

So...while out with Lawyer Mom for a semi blind bloggy date with wine and a laptop, we were stalking your blog bc we both love you so much. You have a fan base in Dallas. :)

PS. I'm totally going to try to make the slacker fudge. Less work yet still yummy? My kind of recipe!!

Keely said...

Because I NEED easier ways to make my ass fat. Thanks!

Becky said...

Aw, Stiletto, thanks! And that sounds fun! I love the idea of bloggy date. Any Atlanta ladies who like pina coladas AND getting caught in the rain?

Hi Crazy, thanks! I'm going to go check it out.

And Keely, it's like Sophia Loren says: at a certain age you have to decide between your ass and your face. I don't know if that age is 35, but I'm going to say it is.

Michele said...

This recipe totally fits with my lazy policy. Thank you. Now, I have something to take to the office Christmas party.

Lynn said...

This sounds totally delicious. Two ingredient recipes -- gotta love 'em.