Friday, October 2, 2009

Notice Anything, Um, Different?

No, not my new bra, not this time, but THANK YOU.  I got a new header up there!  I decided that I had reached the limit of my scrappy scrapblog skillz, so I sought some professional help to class up this joint.  I found Alma Loveland, who is awesome, and can do basically anything.  Take a look at her portfolio.  I find myself wanting to commission all kinds of stuff from her.  Like a tattoo? I swear, her patterns are so lovely, I would do it. 

I was going to wait until Sunday or Monday to debut my new look, but she emailed me the file tonight, and I am terrible at delaying gratification.  This we knew.

Also, coming soon, to a sidebar near you, a button. A shiny Suburban Matron button that you can take home to your blog! Or I hope you will.  Seriously, if at least a few of you don't take a button, I may weep softly to myself.  More on this later.

Happy Friday night, my friends!    

16 comments:

Amy said...

Applause, applause! Me likey. Very mod, yet retro. Okay, I don't know what I'm talking about...but it looks great!

Michele R said...

It looks great and the designer's site is cool. I can see why you clicked with her.

Keely said...

Of course I will be taking a button. Now I want a button. Where's my frakkin' button??

Good call on the tattoo, actually. Now I have all kinds of ideas in my head.

Jane said...

You look lovely in mid-century modern.

danajk said...

Lookin' good!!!

Mrs. Smith said...

I absolutely, positively love it, love it, love it! Maybe even more than I love the white pumpkin.

Kelly said...

This is definitely you. Good choice!

Veronica said...

Fun!

Becky said...

Thanks ladies! I'll work on getting the button up there later tonight. I think I rashly promised the kids I'd take them to a corn maze.

Sara said...

Word verification "fiesties": You *know* it!

Awesome header. Perfecto! She really captured the spirit of the Subizzle Mizzle. (We're still doing "-izzle," right? No? ;))

And how awesome is the name "Alma Loveland!?"

Casey said...

Oh, I LIKE it.

Lawyer Mom said...

It's lovely. And kind of Frank Lloyd Wright-y.

Cassie said...

Love the new look! It suits you.

Elle said...

I like the new look! Very modern & sleek.

Fantastic Forrest said...

Awesome. It does look like the Usonian FLW home near here in Oregon.

How was the corn maze?

chnault said...

Definitely digging your updated look.
Going to check out Alma's stuff.