Tuesday, February 3, 2009

OMG WHY ARE WE SCREAMING?

Friends, I am worn out from having someone else adjust my template to a three-column layout this afternoon. I mean, I worked her fingers to the bone! Whew! So I'm just going to offer you a few links. Actually, it was the amazing Lyndsay of Banners By Lyndsay who gave me a new, wider layout. She is great to work with, and I think the three columns are very slimming. I'm still fiddling with the header. I do love my yellow bird, but tonight Matt asked me, "What's the iconography of the birdcage?" Like, maybe this is my subtle way of telling the world that I feel like I'm in a cage, a cage of domesticity? I reassured him that I would not be so subtle and indirect as to use my blog header to deliver that message--I would custom-order some of those little Valentine heart candies with words on them for him, maybe some that said, "Free Me," or "2 Smart 2 Do Ur Laundry." So I guess I've got to ponder the whole iconography question. But hey, here are some lolz.

1) 13 Horrifying Images from the New Teen Vogue. You have just got to be reading Jezebel.

2) Pride and Prejudice, Facebook style. A sample:

Elizabeth Bennet promises never to dance with Mr. Darcy.
Fitzwilliam Darcy became a fan of Fine Eyes.
Caroline Bingley is all astonishment.
Lydia Bennet became a fan of Officers.
Kitty Bennet became a fan of Officers.

3) And everyone's fixation with sea salt. Explained, finally, by Stuff White People Like. A sample:

"When white people think about regular salt, all they can think about is sodium
and poor health. When they think about Sea Salt they think about
France. So it’s no surprise that it has become so popular."

I hope this post finds you all well. This has been Day #4,985 of my captivity. Ha! Lolz.

8 comments:

Amy said...

OMG that is seriously scary! (The Vogue link)I love that website for that reason--they are really good at pointing out craziness.

Love the Facebook stuff, too! I think the Bennets would be big Facebookers!

Cassie said...

Haaaaaaa! Thanks for all of that. I love the Pride and Prejudice Facebook and the gross Gisele picture is just hilarious in an extremely disturbing kind of way.

Coffee with Cathy said...

Hilarious! Thanks for the laughs. And remember -- college students did the whole pajamas-for-day look first.

Keely said...

LMAO! I've never seen that site before (the Mag Hag one). Too funny.

Leciawp said...

You are so funny!! So is your husband. The three column look is slimming indeed. I didn't know you could custom order conversation hearts!

Leciawp said...

PS - just looked you up on fb to add you - are you in costume in the photo (is that really you??)

Michele said...

The Teen Vogue link is like Playboy with little clothing pieces on the models. Who looks like that as a teenager. Let me see; stringy hair, zits, a little overweight, check, check, check, that would have been me.

And Matt: I would never have put together a birdcage with domestic imprisonment. Hmmmm.....

Michele R said...

if you wanted to go a little crazy and add a couple more ingredients to the cream cheese do this: just mix in a little of the onion soup mix--not whole packet. Use a fork to mush the dip all over the boat container. Put a can of tiny shrimp on top (drain juice into sink and with fork gently cover the cream cheese with the shrimp). Then pour a bottle of cocktail sauce over it. Now you really have a nautical/sea thing going on!