Thursday, February 16, 2012

I Throw A Great Vigil

My sister's lumpectomy is tonight, which is her tomorrow in Australia. She spells this out more clearly in her post. Go read it and then this exchange will make sense.


She is at the hospital doing admissions stuff right now, which will take hours. She just informed me that she was ordered to put these on. I think they are panties.


Hot stuff! Jason looks really happy about them somehow. People, THIS is the horrifying dark side of socialized medicine. Heh, that was a joke! Paper panties are rationed in this country! They require approval by a paper panty panel composed of Mitch McConnell, Rick Santorum, and some other people who don't wear panties.



How does Amy look so good pre-op? And moreover, THAT ROBE! This is like, plastic-surgeon's-office-level robe in the US. Totally jeal.

So her surgery could start as early as ten pm my time here in the east, and take a couple or a few hours. I'm going to wait up, of course, to hear how it goes. Then Amy has given me her Blogging Power of Attorney to pop in and update everyone on her blog. Which I will do. Maybe go by there and give her some encouraging words. Or compliment her on the panties.

More later. xoxox
B

Edited to add: I meant to say, I post little updates on facebook, so you could click that button up there to go to SubMat on facebook and "like" it. Then you would be in another SubMat loop!

13 comments:

Cassi said...

Disposable panties! That'd save on laundry :-)

I wish all of you luck and the best possible outcome.

Star said...

Big (careful) hugs and all my best wishes.

Life on The Rowland Ranch said...

Wish I could hop on a plane and be there this minute..as I'm sure you do as well. You are such a great sister, Becky. I'm so thankful our dear Amy has you. Looking forward to hearing how everything goes. Hugs from me.

Marsha said...

If I was thinking about you and your family even more, it would mean that we actually knew each other. By this I mean: I'm thinking of and praying for you all lots and lots.

And? Paper panties? That's awesome. Disposable. No, wait...compostable. And embedded with seeds, so that your challenge night have a legacy in growing a mighty...o.k. I'll stop now.

Becky said...

And she's out! It's good news: they took her in earlier and now she's in recovery. Her sentinel lymph node was clean. Phew. The surgeon felt confident he got the entire tumor, though the pathologist will confirm in a couple of days.

Relieved, y'all. So relieved and thankful.

Keely said...

I saw your update on Facebook - awesome news! I'm so relieved for you all. Amy will be ready to slather her boob in quinoa paste in no time.

Becky said...

Thanks Keely! I will grind the quinoa for her.

Melissa B. said...

So glad to hear this news Becky!! I've been thinking of her all day. So glad, so glad, so glad!!!

Beth said...

Yay! Great news! I'm still sending good vibes.

Life on The Rowland Ranch said...

You're the kind of sister every girl dreams of having. Amy is blessed to have you.

Suburban Princess said...

Glad to hear she is out of surgery now and recovering!

gretchen said...

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good!!

I too died over Matt's "School of Hard Knockers".

Elizabeth said...

Praying and hoping that all goes well.