Tuesday, December 28, 2010
1) Moon Sand. For or against? Please hold forth.
2) I got a mani/pedi today. Usually I just get a pedicure. It was nice. Now I want to dial the phone with a pencil like a Joan Holloway-type I used to know. Except that my phone has a touch screen so that wouldn't even work. Fingers-OPI's Samoan Sands; toes-Kangarooby.
3) The "seafood salad" they sell in the deli at the grocery store. Terribly, terribly against.
4) We just hosted my mom and dad for a night, now they're off to the mountain house and we are heading to Chattanooga--also known as Chattaboogie, Chattavegas, Cha-Town, and Hot Buttered 'Nooga--to see some friends up there. Back tomorrow to ready ourselves for New Year's weekend in North Carolina. All of this vacation is tiring but what is one to do?
5) Is your child into those Wimpy Kid books? Laura got the new one for Christmas and inhaled it in about an hour. It's not Anne of Green Gables, but they are funny.
6) Here is my hair now.
It is short (of course). It is curly. It has a will of its own and no discernible plan. Remember the part in one of the Ramona Quimby books where Beezus gets a haircut she hates and she cries, "It's forty year-old hair!" That's how I feel about this. It is so darn no-nonsense. It has multiple and competing cowlicks. It gets terrible bedhead. It is auditioning to be Jane Lynch's understudy on "Glee."
7) In happier grooming news, I got the most awsome lipgloss del mundo and I have to tell you about it. I was at Costco on the December 23 (crazy) and they had these sets of Stila lip glaze, like six for $17. I impulse-purchased it for my own Christmas stocking. They are the best. Each and every color is wonderful. I love the texture and the glossiness and the translucency. You can't tell but in that picture I'm wearing the "Merry Merry" one. You might need this in your life. And I needed to share.
8) I'm submitting this post for consideration by Keely's Random Tuesday Thoughts!
9) Be sweet. See you in a few.